Sometimes pets annoy others and the pet owner isn’t aware of the problem. Often, the best way to solve an issue is to talk to your neighbor. They may be sympathetic and willing to help solve the issue.
1. Learn the laws and steps for solving issues regarding:
- Barking dogs and other noise-related animal nuisances
- Pets trespassing on private property or at large on public property
- Pets depositing waste
- Exotic pets
- Wildlife nuisances
- Dangerous and potentially dangerous dogs
2. Unable to resolve the issue on your own? File a formal complaint:
- Animal Nuisance Complaint Form
- Cat Trespass Complaint Form
3. What happens next?
Flickr user Bree Bailey, CC BY-SA 2.0 , via Wikimedia Commons