Sometimes pets annoy others and the pet owner isn’t aware of the problem. Often, the best way to solve an issue is to talk to your neighbor. They may be sympathetic and willing to help solve the issue.
1. Learn the laws and steps for solving issues regarding:
- Barking dogs and other noise-related animal nuisances
- Pets trespassing on private property or at large on public property
- Pets depositing waste
- Exotic pets
- Wildlife nuisances
- Dangerous and potentially dangerous dogs
2. Unable to resolve the issue on your own? File a formal complaint:
- Download and complete PDF forms, and mail them with evidence files, following instructions on the forms:
If the animal nuisance is related to livestock (chickens, roosters etc), contact Multnomah County Vector Control.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. What happens next?
Flickr user Bree Bailey, CC BY-SA 2.0 , via Wikimedia Commons