Sometimes pets annoy others and the pet owner isn’t aware of the problem. Often, the best way to solve an issue is to talk to your neighbor. They may be sympathetic and willing to help solve the issue.
1. Learn the laws and steps for solving issues regarding:
- Barking dogs and other noise-related animal nuisances
- Pets trespassing on private property or at large on public property
- Pets depositing waste
- Exotic pets
- Wildlife nuisances
- Dangerous and potentially dangerous dogs
2. Unable to resolve the issue on your own? File a formal complaint:
File a Nuisance Report Online
Use this online form to complete nuisance complaints online.
(Requires a google account for evidence file uploads)
- Alternatively, you may download and complete PDF forms. E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail them, following instructions on the forms:
If the animal nuisance is related to livestock (chickens, roosters etc), contact Multnomah County Vector Control.
3. What happens next?
Learn about how formal complaints and infraction notices are handled.
Flickr user Bree Bailey, CC BY-SA 2.0 , via Wikimedia Commons