Volunteer at the Shelter
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Multnomah County Animal Services (MCAS). Volunteers are essential to provide excellent care to the animals in our shelter.
MCAS is currently seeking volunteer support with a variety of operational tasks. Volunteers will assist with everything from cleaning animal enclosures, greeting shelter visitors, helping with laundry and dishes, assisting adopters, and more.
Apply for immediate openings:
Requirements for volunteers
- All volunteers must submit a Covid-19 Vaccine Attestation Form to provide documentation of vaccination status or to obtain an approved exception.
- At this time, volunteers must be over the age of 18.
- Volunteers are asked to commit to serving one shift per week (2.5-4 hrs depending on assignment).
- Ability to squat, bend, twist, lift and stand for the duration of the volunteer shift applies to most volunteer roles involving animals or laundry.
- Must work well with people and have a desire to learn best practices for interacting with shelter animals.
Interested in Fostering?
Learn how to be part of our foster program.
If you are a current volunteer, you can login using the following link.Volunteer Login