Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Multnomah County Animal Services (MCAS). Volunteers are essential to provide excellent care to the animals in our shelter.
MCAS is currently seeking volunteer support with a variety of tasks. Volunteers assist with everything from cleaning animal enclosures, providing customer service, helping with laundry and dishes, assisting adopters, walking dogs, providing enrichment to pets, and more.
Please submit a volunteer application below to get started!
Requirements for volunteers
- At this time, volunteers must be over the age of 18.
- Volunteers are asked to commit to serving one shift per week (2.5-4 hrs depending on assignment).
- Ability to squat, bend, twist, lift and stand for the duration of the volunteer shift applies to most volunteer roles involving animals or laundry.
- Must work well with people and have a desire to learn best practices for interacting with shelter animals.
- Volunteers have the right to express their views and opinions, but cannot represent their views as official positions of MCAS, and must respect and maintain client confidentiality.
Interested in Fostering?
Learn how to be part of our foster program.