Steps to Volunteering
- Attend a volunteer info session, held at the shelter. Volunteer Info Sessions are currently on hold due to COVID-19.
- You may complete the application process after attending the orientation.
- There will be a $15 material fee for all new volunteers.
- Additional training will be required for all dog and cat volunteers.
- Must be 16 years or older (16-17 year olds can volunteer with parent approval)
- Youth ages 12-15 years may volunteer with a parent or guardian present at all times
- Able to volunteer 8 hours a month for a year
- Able to commit to scheduled volunteer times
- Able to squat, bend, twist, lift and stand for long periods of time when working directly with animal care
- Work well with people – all volunteer positions work directly with the public, staff, and other volunteers
- Comply with Multnomah County Ordinances
- Able to pass a background check
Interested in Fostering?
Learn how to be part of our foster program.