Kitties for Hire Program Seeks Permanent Placements for Unsocial Cats
In need of a cat for your barn or shop? Consider adopting a "Kitty for Hire!" The goal of the program is to place cats that are unadoptable through our regular adoption program into outbuilding living arrangements with committed caregivers. This program saves the lives of unsocial cats brought to our shelter, and may also provide a rodent control and deterrent benefit for approved applicants.
Read a feature article about Kitties For Hire in Willamette Week
- Kitties for Hire are permanent adoptions under special circumstances, and not short term placements.
- Kitties for Hire will be vaccinated, microchipped and spayed or neutered.
- Caregivers must be committed to providing food, water and shelter from the elements.
- Caregivers must own property or have landowner's approval.
- Cats must be securely confined to their new location for 3 weeks prior to release. (You may borrow an acclimation cage.)
- We will not place Kitties for Hire near bird habitats or ecologically sensitive areas.
Where can Kitties for Hire be utilized?
- storage facilities
How to adopt a Kitty for Hire:
- Complete a Kitties for Hire Caregiver Application
- E-mail your application to email@example.com, or come down to the shelter in person. A staff member will counsel caregivers on Kitty for Hire acclimation and continued basic care.
- For more information, or to email your completed application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A staff member will contact you within 24 hours.
- Availability of Kitties for Hire is unpredictable. If there are no cats immediately available, approved applicants will be put on a waiting list.
- There is no adoption fee for qualifying Kitties for Hire.