Thank you for helping out! Your donations enable us to give a little extra to the animals in our care.
MCAS is now able to accept donations of items on our wishlist at the shelter. Face coverings are required. Learn more.
Notice About Donated Pet Food
Multnomah County Animal Services (MCAS) now uses Hill’s Food, Shelter, Love program to feed a consistent, stable diet to shelter residents throughout their stay.
MCAS still accepts donations of dry and canned food for pets. However, these generous donations are provided as emergency pet food assistance to community members in need and are distributed at the shelter, and also by Animal Services Officers on calls where immediate food-support is needed. Pet food donations will not be used to feed shelter animals.
Some pet food donations may be redistributed to regional animal welfare organizations and food banks.
We can always use the following items:
- High-value treats for animal enrichment: Appropriate treats for dogs, cats, guinea pigs, and rabbits are always welcome, and help with enrichment.
- Toys: We always need durable chew toys for dogs, and other toys for cats and rabbits. Please limit types of toys and chews to items on our Amazon wishlist or similar.
- Blankets and towels: Clean warm, durable fleece blankets, and clean towels are always needed. However, we are unable to accept bed sheets, bed pillows, or pet beds that cannot be easily cleaned regularly in an industrial washing machine and dryer.
- Cat and dog collars: Any size, break-away collars for cats, and no choke chains, studded collars, or prong collars for dogs, please.
For the Cats / Kittens
- Warming discs
- Miracle nipples
- Large Stuffed animals (no beans)
- Smart Pet Love Snuggle Kitty Behavioral Aid Cat Toy
- Smooth Loaf kitten wet food (for gruel babies and syringe fed)
- Cat Litter: non-clumping preferred, or cat litter pellets
- Baby food: Gerber chicken, and chicken gravy flavor preferred
For the Dogs / Puppies
- Dog treats: High value treats in small portions for training. Please no rawhide or other chewables requiring monitoring.
- Peanut butter: To stuff Kongs for canine enrichment.
- Dog chew toys and rugged plush toys.
- Snuffle mats
- Dog leashes
- Kuranda beds
For Rabbits, Small Pets, and Birds
- Timothy hay and mats
- Rabbit chew toys
- Natural toys made of straw, wood, timothy hay, raffia, cornhusk, etc. (safe to chew)
Wish List on Amazon
Consider shopping on Amazon Smile. Select Friends of Multnomah County Shelter Animals (formerly Friends of the Shelter Foundation) in Portland, and 0.5% of your purchases on Amazon will benefit animals at Multnomah County Animal Services.