Wildlife Nuisances

Multnomah County Animal Services generally does not deal with wildlife nuisances. Here are regional resources to help you manage and resolve issues with wildlife.

Urban Coyotes

For coyote issues, contact the Portland Audubon Society. The Portland Audubon Society website also provides information about a variety of urban wildlife topics.


For issues with rodents, see Multnomah County Vector Control's rat information page.

Other Wildlife

For wildlife issues other than coyotes, contact the Oregon Dept of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW) at one of the following offices:

  • (971) 673-6000 Clackamas ODFW office (use if east of Willamette River)
  • (503) 621-3488 Sauvie Island ODFW office (use if west of Willamette River)
Coyote portrait

Christopher Bruno, CC BY-SA 3.0 , via Wikimedia Commons