Laundry is a vital daily task at the shelter. Shifts are available multiple days per week, both in the morning 7:30-10:30 am and in the afternoon 12:00-2:30 pm.
Volunteers must be able to be on their feet for the majority of their shift, fold blankets and towels, transfer items between washers, dryers, and laundry bins and restock areas throughout the shelter. This position does involve bending and stooping as well as reaching.
Please submit this interest form if you'd like to apply for this volunteer assignment.
Requirements for volunteers
- All volunteers must submit a Covid-19 Vaccine Attestation Form to provide documentation of vaccination status or to obtain an approved exception.
- Volunteers who work directly with animals must complete the Fear Free Shelters digital certificate program which can take about 4 hours to complete and can be done in multiple sessions. This training is not applicable to laundry volunteers.
- At this time, volunteers must be over the age of 18.
- Volunteers are asked to commit to serving one shift per week (2.5-4 hrs depending on assignment).
- Ability to squat, bend, twist, lift and stand for the duration of the volunteer shift applies to most volunteer roles involving animals or laundry.
- Must work well with people and have a desire to learn best practices for interacting with shelter animals.