Multnomah County Animal Services (MCAS) has partially resumed in-shelter services.
Guidelines for Visiting the Shelter
We ask visitors to the shelter to observe current guidelines from Multnomah County Health Department:
- Face coverings are required for all visitors while inside of Multnomah County buildings. Masks are available at the front desk upon request.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Wash your hands frequently and properly.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Follow ongoing guidelines from local health authorities, updated regularly at multco.us/covid19.
Recently Resumed Services:
- In-person services at our Troutdale shelter
- Pet license purchases, and updating relevant records
- Lost and found pet services at the shelter
- In person donations, both monetary and in-kind. In kind donations will remain limited to items requested on shelter ‘wish lists’ and must be clean and in usable condition.
- Other administrative services as needed.
- The capacity of the shelter to accept surrendered animals from owners due to non-emergency circumstances is now expanded.
- Non-emergency duties of Animal Services Officers, including responding to nuisances including barking dogs, animal trespass, and other community concerns.
MCAS plans to resume the following services in the near future:
- Pet licensing enforcement for dogs and cats.
- Animal facility license enforcement and inspections by Animal Services Officers.
- Meet and greet services for potential adoptions.
- Increased in-shelter volunteer activities.
Critical services continue to be provided, including:
- Stray Animal Intake
- We encourage finders of lost pets to attempt to locate pet owners when possible. Our shelter will take in stray pets as needed.
- Stray cats and community cats should only be brought to the shelter if sick or injured.
- Find kittens? Observe before you rescue.
- Lost Pet Reunification - Owners of stray animals at the shelter are encouraged to reclaim them during shelter open hours.
- In response to continued impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, impound and board fees are currently waived for stray pets.
- Call Center Services - Client Services staff are available to assist you during posted phone hours by calling 503-988-7387.
- Animal-related emergency calls are answered every day, at all times.
The following services will be suspended until further notice:
- In-person pet adoptions - Our Troutdale shelter is closed for pet adoptions, including viewing or visiting animals in adoption areas, adoption applications, and adoption consultation services.
- Shelter hours will continue to be limited.