Animal ID: 205593
Gets Along with Cats *
Gets Along with Dogs *
Breed: Domestic Longhair
Age: 10 years
Weight: 7.1 lbs
Coat: Long, Smooth
Eye Color: Green
Ear Type: Pricked
Tail Type: Full
Location: In Foster
Adoption cost: $30.00
License fee: $15.00 (Multnomah County residents only)
About meHello, I'm Missy! I'm a refined older lady who knows what she wants in life. I spent the first part of my life with the same few people, so meeting new people is a little scary. If you give me time and space to learn about you and my new home, I'll share all of my love! When I first came to my foster home, I liked to stay in my safe cubby hole. Now, I want to be close to my foster mom! I startle easily, but usually quickly recover. I'll howl or swat without claws to warn you. Now, I prefer to sleep on my foster mom's pillow at night, I want to see what's happening in the kitchen and I like to greet her at the door when she comes home. I am a very vocal lady, so I will tell you when I am happy - or when I am not in the best mood. A list of my preferences to help keep me happy:
- Fresh, dry food. I prefer 3 small, fresh meals a day.
- Fresh water, usually changed 3 times a day. No fountains or sinks, please.
- Brushing - at least twice a day. I love to have my head, cheeks, chin and neck brushed with a comb. My foster mom sneaks in brushing other areas to keep my coat mat-free, but I don't always appreciate it.
- Treats. Lots of treats. I will talk to you until I get some! I will also happily take any medications if I know that I get treats after.
- Dedicated one on one time: I'm currently sharing a home with a small dog and two kittens. They are not my favorite, but if they leave me alone, I'm happy. I do need one on one time with my person. We can read or watch a movie together - either way, I love being next to my person and being pet. Once I know you, I don't max out on getting love!
- A clean litter box. Please clean it daily or I will howl at you.
- Hairball management. I cough up some pretty gnarly hairballs!How to adopt me